After having been with one employer for over ten years, I needed a change but was concerned about the marketability of my experience and skills. Launching a job search after so long was a daunting task but Joanne simplified the process so that I didn't even realize I had launched my job search. Shortly thereafter, the perfect job opportunity was presented to me.
I can't express enough the value of my experience working with Joanne. It has been an education that I will recall as I progress through my career. My time with Joanne was an investment in my future and worth every penny.
Samantha K. Berkeley, CA
I had the wonderful opportunity to work with Joanne as a career coach during a time when I was both switching career paths and hoping to move from the east coast to the Bay Area. Without her help, I doubt that I would now be working at such a fantastic company in San Francisco. Thank you Joanne!
Sydney C. San Francisco, CA
Recently I learned the importance and deep impact of a career coach, and have had the absolute pleasure to work with Joanne, MBA MCRP. When I started thinking about leaving my job, I only knew I wanted to be happy and doing meaningful work that makes real impact, and found I needed to work with the very professional, empathetic, smart and brilliant Joanne to make that a reality. I'm beyond words grateful for all the hard questions, encouragement, challenges, and even the homework that led to my dream job. THANK YOU!
Zsuzanna D. MD, MBA Boston, MA
There I sat, a 56-year-old woman, frustrated and still trying to figure out what I wanted to be when I grew up. Joanne helped me believe in myself. I had been creating mosaic art for years, but never imagined that I would be able to translate that passion into a new career. Joanne helped me make this possible.
Jill R. Oakland, CA
Joanne has worked with me as both a recruiter and an executive coach. She is extremely personable, with a talent for listening and understanding a situation and suggesting insightful solutions. She is an optimistic person who can deliver realistic advice and provide strong encouragement to follow through.
I recommend her highly.
Mark C. San Francisco, CA
I connected with Joanne during my first job search in over 15 years. Joanne helped bring structure to the search and more importantly, helped me focus on finding the RIGHT job for me and my family. I am not a natural networker--Joanne's constant encouragement and advice drove me to reach beyond my comfort level. Her support and advice gave me the confidence to say no to a role that was 100% not right for me at a time where the idea of any job was seductive. I highly recommend Joanne if you are looking to bring insight and structure to your job search.
Mark C. Trumbull, Connecticut
I recently worked with Joanne as part of the preparation to apply to MBA programs. Similarities between career coaching and MBA application prep abound, and working with Joanne was an excellent learning experience. Our coaching sessions were instrumental as I thought through why I really wanted to take the next step in my career and pursue an MBA. Joanne is thoughtful, encouraging, and a consummate professional. I achieved the best possible result in my MBA application process and will be starting at my dream school this fall.
I would recommend working
with Joanne without hesitation.
Gordon K. Napa, CA
Joanne spent hours with me on the phone from across the country. She is a caring, knowledgeable, and patient career coach with a true, deep desire to help her clients. I highly recommend her to anyone looking to make a big career change or simply re-write a resume.
Gillian M. Arlington, Virginia
- Myers Briggs Specialist, MBA
- Owner, International Etiquette Services
- Associate Director, Client Services
- Associate Risk Manager, Workers Compensation
- CFO, Athletic Equipment
- Director of Sales and Marketing
- Founder/Owner Electric Bicycle Manufacturer
- Major Account Executive, Car Sales
- President/CEO Laundry Services
- Senior Director, Business Development
- Senior Office Manager/ Ops Construction
- Senior Sales Manager
- Director, Marketing & Communications, Private High School
- Director, Student Services & Special Education, MA
- Embrace Race Program for Children Developer, PhD
- Pre-school Teacher
- Primary School Teacher
- Program Development Coordinator
- Senior Director, School of Acting
- Simmons University, School of Management
- University of California, San Francisco (UCSF)
- University of Rochester, Alumni Affairs
- University of Rochester, School of Medicine
- VP, After School Development, Research & Policy, PhD
- Washington University in St. Louis, School of Medicine
- Assistant Film Editor
- Professional Actor
ENVIRONMENTAL, PUBLIC & PRIVATE UTILITIES
- Director, Energy Efficiency Programs
- Sr. Manager, Inside Sales/ Operations
- VP, Latin America, Water Resource Company
FINANCE, BANKING, FINTECH
- Business Analyst
- Chief Operating Officer, MBA
- Director, Equity Trading
- Managing Director - Institutional Sales, NYSE
- Risk Management Analyst
- SVP, Banking, MBA
- SVP/Director, Merchant Banking, Chemicals & Pharmacology Group
- SVP & General Manager, B2B Scores
- SVP, Product Management and Development Banking
- VP, Senior Director, Nonprofit Business Development
- Director, Government & Community Relations, Attorney
- National Park Ranger
- Senior Director, Urban Land Institute, MCRP
HOSPITALITY, FOOD SERVICES, TRAVEL
- CEO, Specialty Food Products
- Chief Communications Officer, Food Industry
- Director, Food and Beverage
- Flight Attendant
- Project Manager/Concierge
- Tour Guide, Ireland
- Entrepreneur for Start Ups
- International Marketing & Sales Manager
- Internet Director
- IT Systems Engineer
- Lead IT Operations Applications Engineer
- Principal PreSales Engineer
- Project Manager, Business Strategies/Efficiencies
- Research & Development Business Unit Manager
- Senior Software Systems Engineer
- SVP Business Development
- Director of Legal, People and Culture Platform, Attorney
- Intellectual Property, Attorney
- Intellectual Property, Legal Operations & Patent Specialist
- Partner, Law Firm, Attorney
- Senior Paralegal, Patents
LIFE SCIENCES, HEALTHCARE
- Artificial Intelligence Technology, Strategy & Advisory Manager, PhD
- Associate Director, Research Immunotherapy
- Case Manager, Pharmaceuticals, LCSW
- Chief Executive Officer and Co-founder
- Clinical Operations Manager
- Co-Founder Digital Health Start-Up, PhD
- Communications Specialist
- Director, Business Development & Sales
- Director, Chemistry and Manufacturing Controls, Oncology, PhD
- Director, Cytology Department, PhD, MBA
- Director, Regulatory Affairs
- Director, Worldwide Customer Support
- Entomologist, Integrated Pest Management, PhD
- Genetic Technologies Campaigner
- Global Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Head of Global Publications, PhD
- Hospital Administrator/ Business Strategist
- Immunologist, PhD
- Lab Manager
- Lead Business Systems Analyst
- Lead Clinical Data Analyst
- Massage Therapist
- Pharmacist and Project Manager, PharmD
- Post Doc: Physics, PhD
- President, Life Sciences Company, PhD
- Product Director, New Product Marketing
- Public Health Program Director, MD
- Quality Assurance/ Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Research Scientist and Professor
- Senior Scientist, Immunotherapy
- Strategic Account Manager, Sales
- Surgical Technologist
- SVP & Treasurer, MBA, CPA
- VP, Chemical Manufacturing Engineering, PhD
- VP, Corporate Communications
- VP, Head of Global Oncology & Medical Affairs, MD, MBA
- VP, Investor Relations, PhD
MEDIA - TV AND PUBLICATIONS
- VP Analytics and Media Strategy
- Writer/ Editor, Children’s Books & Magazine, MBA
- Emergency Response Project Manager
- Founder & CEO, International Health Organization (CSR)
- HBA (Healthcare Businesswomens Association) Bay Area Chapter
- NGO Unit Head and Special Projects Director
- Zone Director, International Philanthropic Organization
I engaged Joanne’s services at a time when I was going in circles for months, unable and afraid to make decisions about my career and life. As a sole proprietor of a business that is at times most isolating, I was stuck. Joanne’s compassionate and positive nature allowed me to pour my heart out with all my jumbled thoughts and feelings, never once making me feel like I was sharing dumb thoughts. With her help, I was able to comfortably get back on track toward doing what I finally knew was the right choice.
Cynthia S. San Francisco, CA
Corporate Clients Include:
Ardent Software, Inc.
Bank of Boston
Bayer Crop Science
Becton Dickinson, Advanced Cellular Biology
Bertek Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
BioMarin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Booz Allen Hamilton
Bristol Myers Squibb
Cancer Therapy Research Center
Cell Genesys, Inc.
Celtrix Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Conventus Biomedical Solutions
Data General Corporation
Editas Medicine, Inc.
Explosive Fabricators, Inc.
Eye Physicians of the East Bay
FICO (Fair, Isaac and Company)
Gilead Sciences, Inc.
Groundwater Technology, Inc.
HMS Group, Hawaii
Ilex Oncology, Inc.
ImmuLogic Pharmaceutical Corporation
Institute for Drug Development
IntraBiotics Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
McCormack and Dodge
Metrika Laboratories, Inc.
Multipoint Networks, Inc.
O2 Technology, France
Orion Network Systems, Inc.
Peninsula Engineering Group
Piedmont Unified School District
Schlumberger Technology, Graphics Division
Somatix Therapy Corporation
Transgenic Sciences, Inc.
Urban Land Institute
U.S. Bioscience, Inc, The Netherlands
I wholeheartedly recommend Joanne Yawitz as an outstanding coach, whose extensive coaching and leadership experience, coupled with her background in HR, truly sets her apart. My journey with Joanne began with a specific goal in mind, and it quickly evolved into a serendipitous exploration of new perspectives and a clearer understanding of my professional mission. Her role as an objective sounding board was invaluable, and she equipped me with effective tools to navigate both challenges and opportunities in leadership. The common thread over the six months was the pursuit of my authentic self, guiding me to embrace it, and leveraging it as a strength to enhance my leadership. Upon completing the sessions, I emerged with a heightened sense of clarity, a strong alignment with my goals, and practical tools to make a more significant impact as a leader. Joanne's guidance has been transformative, and I am confident that she possesses the expertise to elevate any individual's leadership journey. Joanne Yawitz is a coach of exceptional caliber, and I am grateful for the positive impact she has had on my professional and personal growth.
Adama S. PhD, MBA
Adama S. PhD, MBA