After having been with one employer for over ten years, I needed a change but was concerned about the marketability of my experience and skills. Launching a job search after so long was a daunting task but Joanne simplified the process so that I didn't even realize I had launched my job search. Shortly thereafter, the perfect job opportunity was presented to me.
I can't express enough the value of my experience working with Joanne. It has been an education that I will recall as I progress through my career. My time with Joanne was an investment in my future and worth every penny.
Samantha K. Berkeley, CA
I had the wonderful opportunity to work with Joanne as a career coach during a time when I was both switching career paths and hoping to move from the east coast to the Bay Area. Without her help, I doubt that I would now be working at such a fantastic company in San Francisco. Thank you Joanne!
Sydney C. San Francisco, CA
Joanne spent hours with me on the phone from across the country. She is a caring, knowledgeable, and patient career coach with a true, deep desire to help her clients. I highly recommend her to anyone looking
to make a big career change or
simply re-write a resume.
Gillian M. Arlington, Virginia
There I sat, a 56-year-old woman, frustrated and still trying to figure out what I wanted to be when I grew up. Joanne helped me believe in myself. I had been creating mosaic art for years, but never imagined that I would be able to translate that passion into a new career. Joanne helped me make this possible.
Jill R. Oakland, CA
Joanne has worked with me as both a recruiter and an executive coach. She is extremely personable, with a talent for listening and understanding a situation and suggesting insightful solutions. She is an optimistic person who can deliver realistic advice and provide strong encouragement to follow through.
I recommend her highly.
Mark C. San Francisco, CA
I connected with Joanne during my first job search in over 15 years. Joanne helped bring structure to the search and more importantly, helped me focus on finding the RIGHT job for me and my family. I am not a natural networker--Joanne's constant encouragement and advice drove me to reach beyond my comfort level. Her support and advice gave me the confidence to say no to a role that was 100% not right for me at a time where the idea of any job was seductive. I highly recommend Joanne if you are looking to bring insight and structure
to your job search.
Mark C. Trumbull, Connecticut
I recently worked with Joanne as part of the preparation to apply to MBA programs. Similarities between career coaching and MBA application prep abound, and working with Joanne was an excellent learning experience. Our coaching sessions were instrumental as I thought through why I really wanted to take the next step in my career and pursue an MBA. Joanne is thoughtful, encouraging, and a consummate professional. I achieved the best possible result in my MBA application process and will be starting at my dream school this fall.
I would recommend working
with Joanne without hesitation.
Gordon K. Napa, CA
- Owner, International Etiquette Services
- Myers Briggs Specialist
- Associate Director, Client Services
- Associate Risk Manager, Workers Compensation
- CFO, Athletic Equipment
- Director of Sales and Marketing
- Founder/Owner Electric Bicycle Manufacturer
- President/CEO Laundry Services
- Major Account Executive, Car Sales
- Senior Director, Business Development
- Senior Office Manager/ Ops Construction
- Senior Retail Clothing Buyer
- Senior Sales Manager
- Assoc. Director, School of Acting
- Pre-school Teacher
- Primary School Teacher
- Program Development Coordinator
- University of California, San Francisco (UCSF)
- University of Rochester
- Washington University in St. Louis, School of Medicine
- Assistant Film Editor
- Professional actor
ENVIRONMENTAL, PUBLIC & PRIVATE UTILITIES
- Director, Energy Efficiency Programs
- Sr. Manager, Inside Sales/ Operations
- VP, Latin America, Water Resource Company
- Branch Manager
- Business Analyst
- Director, Equity Trading
- Managing Director - Institutional Sales, NYSE
- Risk Management Analyst
- SVP, Banking
- SVP/Director, Merchant Banking, Chemicals & Pharmacology Group
- SVP, Product Management and Development Banking
- VP, Senior Director, Nonprofit Business Development
- National Park Ranger
HOSPITALITY, FOOD SERVICES, TRAVEL
- CEO, Specialty Food Products
- Chief Communications Officer, Food Industry
- Director, Food and Beverage
- Flight Attendant
- Project Manager/Concierge
- Tour Guide, Ireland
- Entrepreneur for Start Ups
- International Marketing & Sales Manager
- Internet Director
- IT Systems Engineer
- IT Systems Administrator
- Lead IT Operations Applications Engineer
- Principal PreSales Engineer
- Project Manager, Business Strategies/Efficiencies
- Research & Development Business Unit Manager
- Senior Software Systems Engineer
- SVP Business Development
- Legal Secretary
- Partner, Law Firm
- Senior Paralegal
LIFE SCIENCES, HEALTHCARE
- Associate Director, Research Immunotherapy
- Chief Executive Officer and Co-founder
- Clinical Operations Manager
- Communications Specialist
- Director, Business Development & Sales
- Director, Chemistry and Manufacturing Controls, Oncology, Ph.D.
- Director, Regulatory Affairs
- Director, Worldwide Customer Support
- Entomologist, Integrated Pest Management, Ph.D.
- Genetic Technologies Campaigner
- Global Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Hospital Administrator/ Business Strategist
- Immunologist, Ph.D.
- Lab Manager
- Lead Clinical Data Analyst
- Massage Therapist
- M.D., Public Health Program Director
- Medical Student
- Pharmacist and Project Manager
- Post Doc: Physics
- President, Life Sciences Company, Ph.D.
- Product Director, New Product Marketing
- Quality Assurance/ Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Research Scientist and Professor
- Senior Research Associate
- Senior Scientist, Immunotherapy
- Strategic Account Manager, Sales
- Surgical Technologist
- VP, Chemical Manufacturing Engineering
- VP, Investor Relations
MEDIA - TV AND PUBLICATIONS
- VP Analytics and Media Strategy
- Writer/ Editor, children’s magazine
- Emergency Response Project Manager
- Founder & CEO, International Health Organization (CSR)
- HBA (Healthcare Businesswomens Association) Bay Area Chapter
- NGO Unit Head and Special Projects Director
- Zone Director, International Philanthropic Organization
I engaged Joanne’s services at a time when I was going in circles for months, unable and afraid to make decisions about my career and life. As a sole proprietor of a business that is at times most isolating, I was stuck. Joanne’s compassionate and positive nature allowed me to pour my heart out with all my jumbled thoughts and feelings, never once making me feel like I was sharing dumb thoughts. With her help, I was able to comfortably get back on track toward doing what I finally knew was the right choice.
Cynthia S. San Francisco, CA
Corporate Clients Include:
Ardent Software, Inc.
Bank of Boston
Bayer Crop Science
Becton Dickinson, Advanced Cellular Biology
Bertek Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Booz Allen Hamilton
Cancer Therapy Research Center
Cell Genesys, Inc.
Celtrix Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Conventus Biomedical Solutions
Data General Corporation
Explosive Fabricators, Inc.
Eye Physicians of the East Bay
Groundwater Technology, Inc.
HMS Group, Hawaii
Ilex Oncology, Inc.
ImmuLogic Pharmaceutical Corporation
Institute for Drug Development
IntraBiotics Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Kowa Research Institute, Inc.
Lotus Development Corporation
McCormack and Dodge
Metrika Laboratories, Inc.
Multipoint Networks, Inc.
Orion Network Systems, Inc.
O2 Technology, France
Peninsula Engineering Group
Schlumberger Technology, Graphics Division
Sierra Sciences, Inc.
Somatix Therapy Corporation
Transgenic Sciences, Inc.
U.S. Bioscience, Inc, The Netherlands